Thursday, December 13, 2007

A sad day for America's favorite past time...

I really believed they were different.

I really believed they took their responsibility of being role models for the generations to come seriously.

I really believed that they stood for what was right in baseball.

Clemens and Pettitte had me fooled.

Perhaps the hardest thing for me to make sense of is why do I not have the same feelings towards these two that I have towards Barry Bonds?

I have been an adamant pro-claimer of the necessity of Bonds to have an asterisk by his home run record, and have not believed he should be allowed into Cooperstown.

But somehow my emotions tear at me, and want me to grant Pettitte and Clemens grace. But if SOOO many people were doing it....

And my heart just aches.....

It aches because I know what God is showing me has nothing to do with baseball.

It has everything to do with my own heart, and His.

You see, it is so easy to rest in a world that is full of judgment and disguise it as "standing for truth" instead of living in a world where you are challenged to love and extend grace to those as deserving as you.

Because really, we are all equally "un"-deserving of God's grace, mercy, love and forgiveness. And we are all equally deserving of the price required for our sin; death.

Sometimes I just can't believe His love is so patient, and that He hasn't given up on this little heart of mine...

Resting in His perfect love.....

0 comments: