Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A glimpse into my Wednesdays...

I awake. (usually around 5)

I arrive at school. Unlock doors, set up room, unlock bathrooms, etc. by 6:30.

I eat breakfast while my early bird kiddos eat theirs... (usually I am playing some kind of game at the same time with Victoria, who has to start her day playing a game "just the two of us" or else her whole day is out of whack)

There are certain rituals each of my "regulars" has, and we daily complete them!

Then, it is off to Teacher devotion, beginning at 7:35.

Off to set chapel up and prepare my kids to lead chapel which begins at 8:35.

My first class starts at 8:50 and my last one ends at 11:45.

I clean up my room, gather my things, and head out for our weekly church staff meeting. These last anywhere from 1-2 hours, and we usually start at 1. (I eat lunch during these meetings)

What I do after these meetings varies each week, but quite often it is like what happened today.

Make a few phone calls, check email, read my favorite blogs, and wonder how it was already almost five (it is 4:26 as I type this sentence.)

Dinner, catch up with parentals, go through mail, dishes, etc.

Lay out what I am going to wear to work the next day, think about what to take for breakfast, and a couple of other things in this same category.

Then, its my most selfish time of the week. Coffee night! Head out about 8 for coffee with the gals. We close down Starbucks almost every week. More often than not, we are asked to leave when the store closes at 11.

Somehow, the day that requires the most of me physically and emotionally, also fills me up the most...

I love Wednesdays!

0 comments: