Thursday, January 03, 2008

No quite peas in a pod...


I found this picture several months ago.
I never got around to posting about why I love this photo, but this afternoon was reminded why. The greatest thing about best friends is not that you are exactly like the other person (although as time passes you always end up with more in common) but that you are such great compliments of each other.
Would a banana be anyone's favorite if it weren't for the monkey?
And what could possibly satisfy the monkey's soul if it not for the banana?
2008 marks the ten year anniversary of meeting my very first, honest to goodness, best friend. I didn't even realize it had been ten years until this afternoon.
What a decade we have shared together.
Thank you for loving me, through all our ups and downs...

3 comments:

HeidiZizz said...

so who's the monkey? just curious...

on a more serious note...i can hardly believe it's been ten years and i can scarcely remember not having you as my best friend. you have played such an integral part of my life for so long...let's keep being friends, OK? 'cause i like you....even if i have to be the monkey.

Ashlee Liddell said...

I figured I had to the monkey based on hair color alone....not to mention all the other reasons!

Deal, we will keep being friends...and I can barely remember when you weren't in my life as well...

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! wedding jackets christian louboutin fur boots. Bridesmaid Dresses