Friday, March 14, 2008

Some Friday Updates...

First things first, I have added some new links in my "links to love section" and hope you will all check them out. "Pizza dip King" and "the new Lisa" are both blogs from my Friday night Bible study group. Check them out, and leave them some love in the comment section...

Second, I am off to a wedding this evening, and have been having some debate about what to wear...supposedly there will be some redneck-loving peeps there, but it also has a sit down dinner with it....hmmmm what is a girl to do??? Well, one of my Kindergarten students suggested that I wear my wedding dress. Duh. Oh, how I love kids!

My fabulous Friday activity (created by me, for me, to ensure I don't work all day on my day off) was making Paula Deen's Oven Caramel Corn. It was pretty easy, just takes quite a bit of time from beginning to finish. I had this idea to put it in tins and give to volunteers with a note that said something like, "Thanks for popping into children's ministry" or "I am so glad you popped into my life" or something else with "popping, popped, or pop" in it... any suggestions?

Did I mention I have a wedding tomorrow morning as well?!?! Wow, wedded bliss all around me....

So, what are your weekend plans?

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh, I'm "the new Lisa," I like it.

About your notes, you can also use "Corny" in your messages to go w/ the corn. Or "POPular."

Wow- lots of weddings! I have tests, plans with friends, and home improvement projects to do this weekend. I hope to get lots done!