Monday, April 21, 2008

All day...

This precious little girl has been on my heart.

And over and over again God brought a specific memory to my mind. My grandmother tells a story about the day I was born. They got the call from my parents that they were on the way to the hospital, and my grandparents got into their car and headed (rather quickly they recount) to the hospital in hopes of making it before I arrived.

My grandmother says my grandpa was not driving fast enough, and she just wanted to scream at him.

Then a specific Scripture came to her memory.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

She says she was reminded that I was a gift from God, and that He was in control of their arrival at the hospital.

At first, I didn't understand that this memory really had any connection with Aubrey Ella.

But I think, that amidst all the emotions and uncertainty I am tempted to fall into, God is gently reminding me that He is the Father of the heavenly lights. And just as the sun rose this morning, I can count on Him. He does not change, even when circumstances and shadows are constantly changing, He is steadfast.

3 comments:

carahinojosa said...

"I the Lord do not change." Malachi 3:6


My absolute favorite verse.

Ashlee Liddell said...

missing me some hinojosa family...

I love that verse as well...thanks for dropping by...

Laura said...

I can't imagine or maybe I can having to go thru this. The total dependancy on God and His will is terrifying and peaceful all rolled in one.

My favorite when going thru trials... Habakkuk 3 (ALL OF IT!)
With all ______"I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my Strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer he enables me to go on the heights."