Sunday, May 18, 2008

Great endings...

I am a sucker for a great ending.

I think I was born this way. I can remember being really upset (at children's movies mind you) when there would be the possibility of something or someone ruining the ending.

I love it when everything ties neatly up into a happy, lovely package. A great ending should leave you with the same, amazing feeling.

I can remember when I would get upset at the possibility of a 'bad' ending, my Daddy would tell me that the good guys always win. (That was only true in movies for a short phase, and I remind him of this often!)

The good guys always win, now that is a great ending.

Here are a couple of great endings I have experienced recently:

-ending to a long weekend, surprise visit by some great friends who moved out of state!
-ending to a long Sunday, the nap I am about to enjoy!
-ending to a long tenure at a beloved school, showers of love and blessings!
-ending to a wonderful life, the gathering of loved ones resting in the promise of eternity!
-ending to a long decision making process, the peace that falls trusting God
-ending to most of my weeks, dinner with my Bible study group

What are some of your favorite endings?

0 comments: