Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 19

Well, don't look now, but day 19 is actually being posted on its correct day!

Today I opened a card from one of my favorite "A" girls- Alaina! She colored the front of my card pink, and wrote, "Happy Birthday Ashlee." On the inside she drew a picture of the two of us, and on the other side of the card she wrote this message:

I love Ashlee because she's silly and because she's Ashlee and I think that's great.

On the back of the card she wrote; From Alaina and Pinky Ashlee Unicorn.

Who is Pinky Ashlee Unicorn, you ask?

Well, let me tell you a story. For Jadyn's 4th birthday I asked her if she wanted to have a special day with me instead of a birthday present at her party, and she took me up on that offer! We went to lunch at the place of her choosing, to Toys R Us to pick out a toy, and just had a fun day just the two of us. Well, for Alaina's 6th birthday that same year, I made her the same offer. She declined.

For Jadyn's 5th birthday she was already planning her special day with me before I even asked her about it! That meant Alaina had to watch Jadyn get two special days with me before ever choosing to have her own. Well, this year, for Alaina's 7th birthday she took me up on the offer to have a special day with me. Her selection for her birthday gift was a unicorn, that happens to be pink.

After we had purchased her unicorn, and we were driving to lunch, I asked her what she was going to name her unicorn. She thought about it for quite awhile. While she was thinking I suggested to her that a great name for her unicorn would be Ashlee! She was having NONE of that! At lunch she declared her unicorn's name to be, Pinky Ashlee Unicorn.

Can she really be seven? I still remember taking her places when she was a baby and how people would just stop and stare at her, all remarking how beautiful she was. What joy she has added to my life over the past seven years...

I have no idea how many "little letters" will be in my special book, but there are lots of "little ones" who have stolen my heart!

My gift today was a hot pink beach towel! Just what I need- more hot pink! I did a little bit of shopping today for my big birthday bash, and I am so happy to be able to have some of my favorite people all together for a special night of fun!

So, what is the best thing that happened to you today?

1 comments:

HeidiZizz said...

I am hoping for an early bedtime...that would be the best! :) I've been staying up too late (and I'm old, which you'll know all about in just a few days)!!!