Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 27 and Day 28....

Day 27 and Day 28 are a package deal because I probably wouldn't have ever experienced a real friendship with Joe, if it hadn't been for Heidi. I also believe that the Lord used Joe's relationship with Heidi to help the two of us wade through some difficult waters and come out of it all with a friendship that can withstand the test of time, separation, and growing old!

I met Heidi my freshman year in Manhattan, fall of 1998. We both had boyfriends that weren't right for us, but we didn't know it. We have weathered boyfriend drama, friendship heartache, family crisis, passing of loved ones, a wedding, moving states away, the birth of three beautiful children, and so much more over the course of the past 11 plus years...and with each day that passes I am more and more thankful for the gift of her friendship.

I consider it a huge bonus that Joe loves Heidi enough to encourage and strengthen our friendship, even if it means he is home with the kids for the weekend so we can drive to meet up and just be in the same place.

Joe gave me one of the most incredibly humbling gifts a guy could give a friend of his soon-to-be-fiance. He included me in his master plan for proposing to Heidi. He asked for my help, told me his plan, and included me in helping to make sure it went off the way he envisioned it. He also showed me the ring before he popped the question. His actions honored the friendship that we shared up to that point, but also demonstrated how deeply he loved Heidi and truly knew her heart.

They are the kind of friends who are also your family.

I love you both, more than you'll ever know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that one! Brought back so many memories...I remember those days of planning the engagement SO well!

HeidiZizz said...

Well, I'm not sure what to say...sheesh, you left me speechless...
much love to you...

Lisa said...

So glad that you liked the 30 Rock Tour!! Did you form a habit of blogging now, and you simply can't go a week without updating your readers? Let's find out...

Lisa said...

So, not so much with the blogging habit. Me either...but how about quarterly updates??

Unknown said...

ashlee...did you ever make it to 29 or 30?

iphone development india said...

yes its possible for me that i do blogging quarterly if i had free.