Thursday, January 06, 2011

A quote to challenge you...

At the suggestion of my dear friend Heidi, I put "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman on my Christmas wish list.

I have not been disappointed.

I am so excited about what God is stirring in my heart by reading about Mary Beth's journey, and will undoubtedly have more to share about this book as I continue to journey through it.

My favorite quote so far:

"People need to know that Christian leaders, singers, preachers, writers, whoever, are as cracked and broken as the next person. Maybe more so. Hopefully they are in positions of leadership, though, because they are serious about following Christ, and so people can see that real success in the kingdom of God is not about being strong and looking good and knowing all the right answers. It's about continually yielding oneself to Jesus and determining to take purposeful little steps of obedience, and the ragged reality that its all about God and His grace at work in us."

So, I give to you my New year's resolution: "continually yield myself to Jesus, determine to daily take purposeful little steps of obedience, and start each day reminding myself that the ragged reality is it's ALL about God and His grace at work in me."


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great quote! Is your blogging plan part of the little steps to obedience? I've informally resolved to start reading the Bible each day again (little step). I'm reading it online while at lunch during work. I'm on my special "read through the Bible in 10 years" plan here- working to finish a reading plan I started on while at UT.

Lisa said...

I guess technically I'm on year 11... But that's my favorite number anyway.

The African Groggs said...

uh gotta get this book!!! thanks for sharing!