Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An afternoon "funny" for all of you...

I love Blue Bell icecream.


My favorite, all time favorite, flavor is homemade vanilla icecream. We don't have room for me to list all my faves, but if anyone wants to know I will email you...if you don't live where you can get Blue Bell, I am so sorry!
Blue Bell makes a half gallon of icecream called "the Great Divide," which is half chocolate and half vanilla. We were going to have it on Friday night with our dessert, but ended up not enjoying it.


I got this email today, from my hilarious friend Lisa, who prefers Chocolate blue bell. I have been laughing ever since....



Ashlee,

I investigated the Great Divide ice cream that I forgot for Bible study over this weekend. I have a concern. As you can see, this gallon was obviously packed by someone on your team. So, the next time you have a vanilla dessert conspiritors meeting, please let everyone know I'd like my missing pint of chocolate restored at some point in the future, preferably by purchasing a "Great Divide" that is in fact 3/4 chocolate, as this would be most humorous.

Thanks,
Lisa

PS. I've missed out on like six years of digital-camera-having, and I'm going to make up for it!! This is great. And no, you can't take it away no matter how random my picture emails become!! haha.....

8 comments:

Laura said...

THAT IS TOO FUNNY. It reminds me of picking up Neopolitan out of my freezer and seeing the same thing except add the strawberry row.

My favorite... Tossup between
Mintchocolate chip (ONLY bluebell makes it right)
Chocolate covered cherry
mMMMM Ice Cream

Ashlee Liddell said...

AMEN to the chocolate covered cherry and mint chocolate chip....I have so many close seconds....but there is just something about homemade vanilla!

If you knew how much Lisa loved chocolate, and how much she was anticipating eating it, it would be even funnier! Glad you are feeling better my friend...

Laura said...

Yes.I am back to my good ole self

Lisa said...

Wooo I made the blog!! I was planning on bringing the rest to Bible study since there's only vanilla in it as of Monday, but then I discovered I have some dark chocolate Hershey's topping to disguise the vanilla. It'll probably be all gone by Friday. I firmly maintain that a bowl of ice cream helps me get to sleep. (I heard milk has tryptophan in it.)

Laura said...

Hmm. I will have to remember that!

HeidiZizz said...

a side story...my 89 year old grandmother has fallen several times in the last six months or so and not broken a single bone...we are "blaming" it on her love for ice cream and the fact that she has probably consumed about 950,000 gallons of it in her 89 years...so, eat the ice cream, i say! it's obviously good for you! :)

Ashlee Liddell said...

Let's call it the Daisy diet, what do you say Heidi?!?!? and I would love to use that excuse to eat me some blue bell!!!

Lisa said...

Sounds great to me! Milk makes strong bones, so ice cream does too! Strong AND happy!