Monday, January 14, 2008

Here's to the next 600...

Today I bought 600 spoons and 600 forks.

Plastic spoons and forks that is...

And it absolutely thrilled my heart, and refreshed me in ways I was not really expecting.

You see, our (Bible study, small group, family, community, whatever you want to call it) has almost used the last of our previous box of 500 spoons and forks.

Amidst the hours we have shared not just meals, but authentic community.

Real pain, real joy, real frustration, real uncertainty, real life change, and so much more.

And so today, I am so excited to see where the next 600 spoons and forks take us, how God changes us, and who He adds to our mix...

Do you have a small group that has truly become a life changing group of friends?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yaay! I definitely do. Cheers for the next era of plasticware.

Amber said...

Cheers to the person who's going to help me figure out where to store the boxes!

I was so close to getting the top of the hutch cleared off...

Just kidding, of course. If all I have to do is store plastic forks and spoons to get people to like me, I'll take the hit. :)

HeidiZizz said...

i wish i did....it is something that is coming someday, i think. if you all didn't live so blasted far away, i would be happy to come and use some of your plastic forks and spoons! :)

Ashlee Liddell said...

HZ...you would be such a wonderful addition to our group! Oh how I wish you were here to use our spoons and forks!!!
I pray that something is coming for you and Joe, and hopefully someday soon.
Love you...