Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

So, early this morning I was going to post the lyrics to a song I heard for the first time that was great reflection for this time of year...

For whatever reason, it just felt contrived. Like the words of that song should make me feel, think, and reflect on certain things in my life and in this journey with Christ.

Honestly, it didn't.

But I have been feeling this longing, maybe searching is a better word, in my spirit this week.

Today, in a brown paper package, my answer arrived and my spirit is at peace.

Here are the lyrics to a song I was introduced to in college. I can remember just how much it spoke to me the first time I heard it, and today it spoke even more intensely to me. So simple, and so profound...

Forever
The nails in Your hands, the nail in Your feet
They tell me how much You love me
The thorns in Your brow, they show me how
You bore so much shame to love me
And when the heavens pass away
All Your scars will still remain
And forever they will say just how much You love me
So I just want to say,
Forever my love, fovever my heart, forever my life is Yours.
Forever my love, forever my heart, forever my life is Yours, it's Yours.
(Written by Richard Cimino)

1 comments:

HeidiZizz said...

don't you just love our Dad...everything is perfect in His timing....love Him....love you...