Sunday, April 13, 2008

Worth every sleepless night...

Sometimes I can't sleep at night.

It never used to happen to me, until I began serving in two different ministries. Now, it seems like there are periods of time where I really struggle to find restful sleep.

Sometimes I just wonder what God is doing...

Today is not one of those days.

Today I am humbly reminded that every sleepless night has been worth sacrificing.

To hear a mother of one of my pre-schoolers say, "I am so glad my child gets to come to church here" reminds me that the little things really do matter.

Today I am reminded of how God has used the country to restore my soul.

1 comments:

Cindyisms said...

How AWESOME is our God!!!

I totally understand sleepless nights...After 4 years as an RA and then the nightshifts at the hospital, there's not an hour of the night that's a stranger to me anymore. While I'm still trying to make more sense out of it than my circadian clock simply being out of whack, your story made me smile. Thanks for sharing, Ashlee!

PS - Sweet dreams : )