Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boundaries...

How do you know when your limits are reaching the end of their limits?

I have a really hard time deciphering this on my own, so I have been blessed with incredible friends who help me to accept healthy boundaries in my own life.

But today, yes today, I was pro-active.

I asked to come into work late tomorrow, because I know I will be out until 11 (coffee night) and this week has already been pretty packed with drama.

And, I now feel as though I deserve a gold star. Or a Venti Cinnamon Dolce Frap, extra whip!

Who helps you realize when you have reached your limits?

2 comments:

Laura said...

THREE in one day... geez who do you think you are??? laurabeadle??

Boundaries....that can be a few people.. usually starts with Joseph, moves to Sally and then if I still don't 'get it'... THE MAN.

I have found that I was most liberated by the boundaries lesson last year when Jake went to school.. I said NO alot. And I did not even feel guilt. And b/c I did.. i can i say i really enjoyed this last year. i hope i can keep it up!

Ashlee Liddell said...

Its funny you say that about three in one day, because I wasn't going to post about boundaries because it would make THREE in one day and I knew I couldn't compete with Laurabeadle, but I thought I might not get to post the rest of the week/end, so why not go for it!