Thursday, May 22, 2008

A favor...

I love summer!

I love the change of pace, the memories, the care-free spirit kids embrace, and summer camp. Okay, I might not enjoy summer camp as much as an adult, but as a kid I loved going to camp in the summer.

My life was changed, quite literally, one summer at camp. I knew very clearer that God was asking me to give my life to Him, and persue ministry as my vocation.

And you know what? I never once thought about all the people who are involved in running a summer camp, all the behind the scenes preparation, the administration, etc.

But now, I am keenly aware of just a smidge of all the stuff that it takes to run a camp.

Because of my dear friends Joe and Heidi Zizz, the new director of Lakeview Christian Camp up in Kansas.

And right now, today, at the moment you are reading this, they are facing some huge hurdles in their preparation for an exciting first week of camp.

So, my favor is something quite specific. Would you pray with me that God would supply an answer for the staff person who they found out is not going to be able to work this summer?

They are one week from starting and now one staff person short...

That equals disaster in my book, but thankfully for all of us God did let me write the book!!!

And, if you get a chance, go drop a word of encouragement to them here.

I thank you, from the bottom of my heart...

1 comments:

HeidiZizz said...

thank you friend....we appreciate your prayers as we prepare....thank you.