Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Astros...

This team is incredible.

There are simply no words to describe how amazing this team has become.

I know I haven't talked much baseball this year (at least on this little piece of the blogosphere) but it was partially because I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I didn't believe it was really happening, and even once there was no denying it, I thought it would end as magically as it began.

But, I now know this team has something that I haven't seen in several seasons. We saw glimpses of it at the end of 2005 when we made it the World Series, but even that season things were different.

This team was composed of strangers when spring training began. Several players lost long time friends as teammates due to all the trades in the off season. It could have been very hard for this team to gel, much less become a genuine team.

I believe they are the most exciting team to watch in baseball right now.

GO ASTROS!!!

0 comments: