Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some people have it all figured out...

Yesterday I had two remarkable things happen.

The first was from a ministry that our church partner's with called Upward. This ministry helps churches to offer youth sports leagues on their campuses, with the vision that these sporting opportunities will give us the opportunity to introduce Christ to the children, and parents, participating in the league. Our church has been richly blessed by this organization, as it truly has come alongside our church and strengthened our own God given vision of reaching the unchurched for Christ.

As we have partnered with this organization, I have continually been amazed at how they spare no expense to encourage the churches they work with, and yesterday I was reminded of this once again.

I received a package from Upward, with a thank you note and a hard cover book as a gift of encouragement for our upcoming season.

Whoa.

Then, I received a package from Oriental Trading, a company I have ordered supplies from for years. In this shipment, which was supposed to be my last order for all our summer needs, I found several items that I did not remember ordering.

I was convinced I had ordered the wrong thing, but after examining the invoice, they had simply put the wrong item in my box, and left off one of the items I had ordered.

When I called them to discuss it, I was helped by the most helpful customer service representative. She assured me that the problem was with the packing, and she would make sure I had the correct items by the beginning of next week, at no cost to me, of course!

"Oh, and by the way, go ahead and keep the items we sent in error and use them at your church's VBS."

It is also noteworthy that in all the years I have been ordering from this company (and large quantities of items) they have never before had a mistake in one of my orders.

I love doing business with companies and ministries that have things all figured out!

Do you have a good customer service story? Who has earned your business?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do have a good customer service story! I just switched to using Origins skin care and makeup products. There is not a store here in Salina, so I purchase my things at the Wichita store when I am there. I purchased several things on Saturday and when I went to use my moisturizer on Sunday it did not work. So I called the store and they shipped me a new one out with out me even having to return the broken one. Then I received it in the mail with a wonderful note thanking me and letting me know to call anytime I had any questions. Now that is customer service!

Anonymous said...

Canada Goose Outlet,f7ia47, Jordan 12 Playoffs,c7dv56, Sac Louis Vuitton,c5vs15, Barbour Jackets UK,z5au19,