Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 15!

I started this post twice today....let's see if we get lucky this time!

First, I can't really believe that I am halfway finished with the 30 Rock Tour! I know that I will treasure these 30 days for years to come. It truly has been remarkable...

I have lots of gifts inside of my present for today. Some stationary, coordinating magnets, an "A" box, and perhaps my most favorite new thing- Sharpie PENS!!!!! It wasn't until I saw the Sharpie pens that I started to have any leaning towards who the gift was from... Let me just say that I loved the Sharpie pens so much I sat down and immediately made a list! I took them to work, but wouldn't even leave them in my drawer for fear that someone might borrow one. Not only are they permanent, but they are ultrafine and they didn't bleed through anything I wrote on today. I am in LOVE. Thanks so much!

My letter today was from my dear friend Amanda Griggs. I met Amanda a little over five years ago when I first arrived at Creekside. She and her husband were already attending CCF, and I had just been introduced to Amanda when I pointed across the cafeteria to a guy who was packing up the sound equipment. "Who is that?" I asked pointing at this guy. Amanda quickly answered, "My husband." YIKES! Nice first conversation with a church member!

The reason I was asking was because her husband looked so familiar to me...and sure enough, he was! We went to high school together, and knew lots of the same people- even though he is older than me.

What God has done in our friendship since that first day, has been simply amazing. He connected our hearts and lives in such a way that I still am constantly in awe of His handiwork. Neither Amanda or I were blessed with sisters of our own, but I think God managed to care of that by giving us the kind of friendship that happens so naturally you just start operating as family.

I am blessed beyond measure by her friendship, and cherish her family so deeply. I am honored to be Aunt Ashlee to her sweet daughter, and about to be Aunt Ashlee again this August! I can hardly wait!

What a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We love you Ashlee! I'm so glad I got to be a part of your 30 Rock Tour! I'm so excited to read about what you open each day. So much fun! You are awesome and deserve each and every treat that you open on this countdown to your special day!

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm late, but I'm so glad you like your Sharpie pens! I have been waiting for a year (literally) to give them to you for your 30 Rock Tour! I have a purple one. :)