Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 23...

Day 23 was so much fun!

Aside from my Rockin' Tour, I got to see Jennifer Knapp in concert, with some pretty great friends and Amy's icecream too! It was technically what Amber wanted to do for her birthday, but I consider all celebrating that occurred during the 30 Rock Tour to be in honor of my birthday! :)

Day 23's gift was a beautiful, hand-painted "A" frame. It is perfect. Such a wonderfully thoughtful and unique gift. It captures my feminine side with absolute perfection! I think it is one of the things that has made each gift so incredibly meaningful to me, the way they demonstrate my friends love and knowledge of me so clearly.

And my letter was from my great friend, Susan! I met Susan in 2003, but it certainly seems like I have known her most of my life. If you are lucky, at some point in your life, you will encounter a friend (or a couple of friends!) who is a true kindred spirit. Someone with whom you can lounge in your PJ's with, share a hotel room with, stay up past midnight watching Survivor, or go to the movies and laugh at all the same things.... Friendship with a kindred spirit happens so naturally, so quickly, and gives you such comfort.

My prayer is that each of you have experienced a friendship with someone who is a true kindred spirit.

0 comments: