Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 24 and Day 25!

This gift was so much fun to open! I am going to have a video blog to show you all what fun I had, but I haven't had a chance to upload that yet. So, you have to stay in suspense until then! How will you ever survive?!

My letter, or should I say letters, were from my parents. I have had such a wonderfully blessed life, but by far one of my greatest blessings was the foundation my parents gave me. From living a life anchored in Christ to giving of yourself to others, they helped instill such important values in me.

Day 25 was a real surprise! My letter was from my good friend Josh. Josh has the distinct honor and privilege of being married to Tami, who has been creating each page of this special book. I don't exactly recall when I first met Josh, but I am sure that it was one of his first visits to Houston to see Tami. I have had the honor of being a part of Josh and Tami's wedding, meeting their daughter the day she was born, and just living life with them.

Perhaps the thing I love most about Josh is his honesty. Upon first meeting him, and getting to know him, it might have been the thing I disliked the most but know I truly admire and appreciate it. He calls it like it is, whether it is "a good time" or "the right way" to say something are not huge factors in his thinking. His honesty has challenged me on numerous occasions to dig deeper into my beliefs about God, His word, His people, and my own values and priorities. For that, I am incredibly thankful.

He stinks at his choice of sports teams to follow, but I guess I will give him a pass since he sure knew how to pick a wife!

Thanks, Josh, so very much!

0 comments: