Monday, March 08, 2010

Day Ten, Day 11, and Day 12....

Well, this week (and weekend!) have been so hectic, I seem to have fallen behind on my blogging again! Yikes!!!

Day Ten was a gift from Heidi. The cutest candy dispenser, with its own little scoop (it is a miniature version of the bins you see candy in at the candy store), full of pina colada and margarita jelly beans! I just LOVE the combination of flavors, but also the memory of sharing my first margarita with Heidi....

My letter on Day Ten was from my Aunt Vicki, and my letter on Day 11 was from my Aunt Gayle, Uncle Clark and Cousin Tom. I still am just blown away that this many people were able to keep a secret from me, and that they would take the time to share these sweet memories with me. I truly have a collection of pages that are simply priceless.

Today is Day 12. I opened my gift, which was an eyemask with the word, "relax" across the top. It is my word for the day (maybe week, or perhaps it should be my word for the month!). What is so incredible to me is how each gift seems to be the perfect little addition to what I am facing that day. God is so good!

My letter today was from my dear friend Reasa Grogg. I first met Reasa when I was a freshman at MCC, and she was a sophomore. Living life with someone like Reasa is a real life shaping gift. I learned a lot about how to communicate honestly and openly from my friendship with Reasa. I also learned a lot about how to speak the truth in love- even when it might be the last thing you WANT to do. Reasa married a "Pit Boy" and know serves God overseas alongside her husband Jon, and their three beautiful children.

One thing I have discovered in growing older is that you have different "kinds" of friends. Friends who know your day to day routines, habits, and preferences. Friends who where in your life for a season, but may be gone as quick as they came. Friends who are like family. Friends who stay close to your heart no matter how many miles are between you and how many years pass between phone calls or emails.....Reasa is one of these friends for me. I know that if I called Reasa tomorrow we would be able to have a real conversation that would bless my heart to no end. I know she prays for me, and I hope she knows how often I pray for her and her family.

This video is from Day Nine....yikes! Video blogging is so much harder than I realized!


Day Ten, again! from Ashlee Liddell on Vimeo.




(Sidenote: I almost cheated on the 30 Rock Tour tonight... it was a long, hard day and I thought opening another letter would be the perfect medicine. Instead I just flipped through all of my pages, reading over each one, and my heart was so blessed, encouraged, and my spirits were lifted! What a blessing this gift is, and will continue to be, for me.)

3 comments:

HeidiZizz said...

I love it! I hope you are enjoying every day...I loved my 30 Rock Tour. I just wish I could be there with you, but the blog is wonderful! Love you, friend!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The African Groggs said...

hey look at me reading all this a year later!! well it's still amazing! thanks for the kind words! way to go blogging all that!!!! loved reading it all today while my kids are taking a rest!!!